For Christians, hosting is not just a social activity; it’s a ministry and a calling. While trying to be the “Hostess with the Mostest” is exhausting, hosting with Jesus blesses the guest and the party giver! Here’s how to organize a party with the focus on Him so you can relax and enjoy your guests:
1. Make a list of people you’d like to host. What Christian friends would you like to know better? Maybe it’s a new acquaintance, a family at church, or your whole Bible study group. Then ask yourself: is there a non-Christian in my life with whom I’d like to build a stronger relationship, so I can tell them about Jesus?
2. Next, be brave and invite someone on your list! Don’t wait until your house is “fit for company.” Don’t hold off until you have more time. Decide that you’re going to answer Peter’s call in I Peter 4:9 to “offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.” Reach out and set a date!
3. Plan ahead so you can enjoy your company with a peaceful heart. What will you do at your gathering? What will you need to have on hand? Whom might you ask to help if it gets busy? Play to your God-given strengths, choosing one particular thing—perhaps an exceptional dish, décor item, or favor—that will make your guests feel special.
4. Decide how you’re going to invite Jesus to your gathering. Perhaps you can share in a time of prayer before a meal, over a guest of honor, or at the end of the get-together. Maybe you’d like to frame a Bible verse and place it next to the centerpiece. Ask the Lord to show you how to your guests can meet with Jesus in your home.
5. When the day comes, enjoy it! Love your guests with the love of Jesus. Focus on diving deeper and strengthening your relationships with them. While your company is there, let go of “to-dos” and focus on your time with them.
6. Finally, while your heart is still filled with joy over your last get-together, look at that list of names and reach out in hospitality once more! Your list should never be completely crossed off, nor is hosting something to “accomplish.” Hosting is a Biblical calling that we can practice steadily, with intention and with joy.
Plan your next gathering, big or small, and invite Jesus to attend!
Christian Speakers Services
Find top Christian speakers. We specialize in Christian women speakers, Christian men speakers, Christian motivational speakers, inspirational speakers, and clean comedians for your event.